HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Motion-sensor revolution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
b1akSpac3
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Motion-sensor revolution    Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Most gamers are happy with a simple controller or keyboard and mouse. What are your thoughts on the new Xbox 360 Kinect and the PS3 Move?

My thoughts are that, if developers choose motion-sensor input methods over the traditionally-used controller, gaming on consoles would be ruined for me. But, then again, PC gamers said a similar thing about consoles; now, many hardcore gamers would be lost without consoles. Only time will tell, I guess. What do you think?

Last edited by b1akSpac3 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8-Scott
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:46 pm

I think motion gaming in general is a ploy on the part of console manufacturers to rope in casual gamers, who generaly tend to focus on ease of use, not to worry though I don't think the developers will wimp out now just for sales, I man Kinect Gears of War... No way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
b1akSpac3
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:51 pm

I agree that games aimed at hardcore gamers won't make use of motion-sensors and that it is aimed at the casual market, but, if one franchise that is popular among hardcore gamers goes the motion-sensor route and is successful, many (not all) others will follow. That is what worries me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gr8-Scott
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:10 pm

I suppose we as gamers can only hope the industry stays true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nefarious
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Graphics seems to suffer in the motion-orientated games. Just look at the stuff Wii has out - such as their sport games. The looks are terrible.

Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:40 pm

The Wii's excuse though, is the fact that the didn't upgrade thier graphics engine since the Game cube, Now that the HD twins are entering motion gaming the graphis are looking good, for now at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
b1akSpac3
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:17 pm

AleG wrote:
Graphics seems to suffer in the motion-orientated games. Just look at the stuff Wii has out - such as their sport games. The looks are terrible.

The Wii's lack of graphic power has nothing to do with it's motion-sensor input. It just has a weak GPU compared to the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

I have nothing against motion-based games. I think they're quite fun. I just prefer tapping buttons to waving my arms around and jumping like a fairy in front of my television set. I think most serious gamers would agree with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yewshallnotfathom
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: think about it   Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:17 am

motion gaming opens up a whole new industry to the gaming world, you or i couldn't even fathom the opportunities that will arise (that's not the only thing) and who knows, all of you could be living in your mum's basement oneday eating your words. its also widening the market, which is not necessarily a bad thing, as there will be more competition for developers. that means better games being made to stay ahead of the competition, and who benefits, US!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yewshallnotfathom.blogspot.com
b1akSpac3
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:27 am

yewshallnotfathom wrote:
motion gaming opens up a whole new industry to the gaming world, you or i couldn't even fathom the opportunities that will arise (that's not the only thing) and who knows, all of you could be living in your mum's basement oneday eating your words. its also widening the market, which is not necessarily a bad thing, as there will be more competition for developers. that means better games being made to stay ahead of the competition, and who benefits, US!

I completely agree. Only time will determine how games that utilise motion-sensing technology will turn out, and whether games that can be appreciated by fussy hardcore gamers like us can use this technology and do well. However, I believe this is very unlikely. Take the Wii for example: it was made more for the casual market than the hardcore market; only one or two hardcore games have been made for it, and they haven't been very successful. My fear is that developers will not use the technology to appeal to the hardcore market; that a hardcore franchise sells out on motion-sensor technology
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yewshallnotfathom
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:05 am

even if they don't utilise motion sensing technology to appeal to the hardcore market... we will always have our controllers and 'mice'... or will we (insert dramatic music here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yewshallnotfathom.blogspot.com
b1akSpac3
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:37 pm

yewshallnotfathom wrote:
even if they don't utilise motion sensing technology to appeal to the hardcore market... we will always have our controllers and 'mice'

That point was made several times in this discussion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motion-sensor revolution    

Back to top Go down

Motion-sensor revolution
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1